You should know that all these methods are tried and tested. I guarantee you will find the best method to buy monero anonymously.
I recommend you to check our list of the 15 best monero wallets before you start buying Moneros.
Let’s proceed now.
7 Real and Best Ways to Buy Monero Anonymously in 2021
Are you using TOR?
Are you using I2P?
The first and foremost way to buy Monero anonymously is to trade them for your country’s fiat currency on a simple peer-to-peer platform.
LocalMonero is one such platform. It is basically an escrow company that holds the money of the seller from trade and then transfers them to the buyer once the payment is confirmed. There are many, many sellers that are available on the platform.
On their website, you can see ads of various XMR sellers and buyers. Choose the one that best fits your need and follows the instructions mentioned inside. Moreover, you can also post a method of your choice and let sellers contact you on your own terms.
If by any chance, you encounter a problem with the seller/buyer, you can also open a dispute in which LocalMonero will step in and evaluate the situation and make a decision accordingly.
The fact that you are trading directly with another user without any corporate entity looking over your shoulder makes it an ideal marketplace to buy XMR anonymously. You can also sell monero here.
There is no fixed trading fee on LocalMonero.
Sellers appoint their own specific amount of fee which is usually low as compared to traditional cryptocurrency exchanges.
You can also post an ad and set a fee that you are willing to give.
LocalMonero supports almost every payment method that you can think of. For the sake of explanation, let me tell you about a few methods:
- Bank Transfer
- Cash Deposit (to seller’s bank account)
- International Wire Transfer (SWIFT)
- Apple Pay
- Credit/debit card
- Crypto to crypto
and many more.
Chances are that if you have a method to pay for XMR, you will find a seller wanting to sell by that method.
Additionally, if there is a seller that lives near to your location, you can also ask him to meet you face-to-face and then simply buy Monero for cash.
Changelly is a cryptocurrency exchange that you can use to buy Monero anonymously.
It is essentially a cryptocurrency trading platform. So you need to have another cryptocurrency that you can use to buy Monero. Well, you can also buy XMR with a credit or debit card but that will be an anonymous way.
So to buy Monero anonymously, you need to own another cryptocurrency that you can simply trade for XMR.
What makes Changelly unique amongst the other cryptocurrency exchanges is that it does not require any registration and it lets users swap any cryptocurrency for another almost instantly.
You can also swap your cryptocurrencies right here!
UPDATE: Unfortunately, Changelly has discontinued their instant swapping services and now you have to register with an email before using their services. So if don’t want to log in with an email, leave this option and proceed to ChangeNOW because it doesn’t require any kind of sign up and all you need is a wallet to buy XMR or other cryptocurrencies instantly and privately.
Why Use Changelly?
- User-interface: It’s UI is so simple and intuitive that you won’t even need to look for any instructions to use it.
- Swap any cryptocurrency for another
- Supports 150+ cryptocurrencies
- Application available for Android and iOS devices
Changelly’s fee ranges anywhere from 0.25% to 0.5% per trade.
It has two trading fee models:
- Fixed Exchange Rate: It has a 0.5% fixed fee on trades and it is very useful against the market fluctuations. This rate refreshes after every 30 seconds which lets traders decide whether they want to trade on this rate or not.
- Floating Exchange Rate: Floating rate charges a 0.25% exchange fee and it depends entirely on the condition of the market. It also has an additional miner/network fee.
It is mainly focused on two payment methods:
- Crypto to crypto (Best for anonymity)
- Credit/debit card
Well, you can use Changelly worldwide for swapping between two cryptocurrencies but for other buying methods, it is available in the following countries:
- USA, UK, UAE, Argentina, Australia, Bulgaria, Brazil, Canada, etc.
You can easily check the entire list on their official website.
ChangeNOW is another cryptocurrency exchange that offers cryptocurrency swapping services. It was launched in 2017 and quickly grew into a popular crypto exchange to buy cryptocurrencies instantly.
The best thing about this exchange is that it does not require any registration. You can just select the required cryptocurrencies, add the values, enter your wallet addresses, and receive your desired coins instantly.
It supports over 200+ cryptocurrencies with the following five most popular exchange pairs: BTC to XMR, BTC to BSV, BTC to ETH, BTC to USDT, and BTC to ZEC.
You can also use ChangeNOW quickly here.
Why Use ChangeNOW ?
- No registration required
- Privacy-centric exchange
- Non-custodial exchange
- Reasonable fees
- Supports 200+ cryptocurrencies
- Application available on Android and iOS
Crypto to crypto fee: Their trading fee depends on the currencies that you are swapping but to be clear, their trading fee revolves around 0.5% and they offer these two fee models.
- Classic Rate: If you choose the classic rate, ChangeNOW will pick the best rate according to them, right during the time of the exchange.
- Fixed-Rate: In fixed-rate, you will be able to select the rate displayed on the exchange.
However, if you going to buy a cryptocurrency via credit/debit card, you will be charged as much as 6% (5% by Simplex and 1% by ChangeNOW) and that too, without the inclusion of network/miner fees.
ChangeNOW supports only these two methods:
- Crypto to crypto swapping
- Credit/debit card (Visa and Mastercard only)
Another incredible thing about ChangeNOW is that you can swap coins for as little as $1.70 with no upper limit. However, $50 is the minimum amount required to buy via credit card.
Coinswitch is a cryptocurrency exchange that allows you to buy Monero and various other cryptocurrencies instantly.
It is a Bangalore-based startup launched in 2017. Users can currently swap between 100+ cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, monero, ethereum, ripple, etc, and also buy them at competitive rates with a lot of payment methods.
Coinswitch has two versions: Coinswitch and Coinswitch Pro.
Coinswitch is a regulated cryptocurrency exchange and it requires an extensive ID or KYC verification. So we are not going to talk about it. Instead, we are going to talk about Coinswitch Pro which lets users buy more than 100 cryptocurrencies anonymously.
Coinswitch connects to various cryptocurrency exchange platforms in order to find the best exchange rate for its users.
Click here to take the advantage of the offer!
So if you are unsure between Changelly and ChangeNOW, you can easily check which one will provide you with a better exchange rate on Coinswitch Pro.
They have two types of trading fees i.e. market rate and fixed rate.
- Market Rate: It is based on the real-time prices of the coins you are using. It depends entirely on market fluctuations and can be higher or lower than usual.
- Fixed-Rate: In this case, you select a fixed amount of fee rate but you also need to keep in mind that you should only use a fixed rate if you know about the fees of a cryptocurrency otherwise your trade might take days or weeks to get confirmed.
Their trading fees usually revolve around 0.5%.
To buy monero anonymously, you should focus on using their crypto to crypto swapping service.
However, they offer the following two payment methods:
- Crypto to crypto (best for anonymity)
- Credit or Debit Card
Alfacash is a lesser-known but trustable cryptocurrency exchange platform. It basically offers exchange services for various cryptocurrencies but you can also use it to buy crypto coins directly with traditional fiat currencies.
It is owned by Alfa East Ltd, a Belize-based company, and has been around for a long time now.
It does not offer any hot wallet services so make sure that you already own a wallet. For best security, we recommend Ledger Nano X or Trezor Model T.
Why Use Alfacash?
- 15-minute transaction guarantee
- It is among the very, very few exchanges that have never been hacked
- Supports 28 cryptocurrencies (Constantly adding more)
- Supports several payment methods
To simplify their fee structure, they have made this chart:
Since this article is about Monero, let me somewhat explain Monero’s fee structure.
If you swap XMR for BTC, a 4% fee is charged and if you swap XMR for USDT, a mere 2% fee is charged.
So, to buy monero anonymously, you will have to pay anywhere from 2% to 5% depending on the cryptocurrency you’re trading it with.
However, in general, the Alfacash fee ranges from 1.5% to 7%.
Yes, their fees are higher compared to the above options but I admire their level of transparency.
Alfacash offers a lot of payment methods.
- Crypto to crypto
- Credit or Debit card (Visa/MasterCard only)
- Yandex Money
- Otkritie Bank
You can easily use Alfacash to buy monero anonymously.
There are many decentralized cryptocurrency exchanges but none of them is as decentralized as Bisq.
It is an open-source, decentralized exchange. It is even more decentralized than most cryptocurrencies nowadays.
It is a peer-to-peer exchange and its network is based on Tor which makes it invincible to DDoS and many other severe hacks.
The Bisq exchange is administered by the Bisq DAO (Decentralized Autonomous Organization) and it also has its own crypto token called BSQ token.
It is a kind of software that does not require registration and doesn’t store any user data whatsoever. It is mainly available on the following operating systems:
- Red Hat/Fedora
- Arch Linux
You can even use PGP encryption to add another layer of security.
Bisq Trading Fees
Trading fees are paid via bitcoins or BSQ tokens and its fee is based on the maker and taker model.
For a trade equivalent to 1 BTC, maker is charged 0.002 BTC (0.20%) and taker is charged 0.006 BTC (0.60%).
In terms of BSQ tokens, maker and taker are charged 7.6 (0.10%) and 53.2 (0.30%) tokens respectively.
In their fee structure, the maker pays only for the mining fees while the taker has to pay for mining fees, deposit transactions as well as payout transactions.
Bisq Payment Methods
Bisq offers a lot of payment methods and most of them vary by country. Some notable ones among them include:
- Advanced Cash (unavailable in the USA)
- Alipay (China)
- Halcash (Spain)
- MoneyGram (Global)
- National and international bank transfers
- Perfect Money (Europe and USA)
- Revolut (Global)
- SEPA (Europe)
- Western Union (Global)
- Zelle (USA)
and many more.
Most of the above-mentioned methods have a trade limit of 0.25 BTC to 1 BTC. However, if you trade between bitcoin and other altcoins, you will have a limit of 2 BTC per trade.
Note: It is primarily a bitcoin exchange so if you want to buy monero anonymously, you should already own bitcoins or you will first need to buy bitcoins off the exchange.
Binance was founded in 2017 and within eight months of its inception, it became the largest cryptocurrency exchange in terms of the trading volume.
Since it’s a cryptocurrency exchange, so it’s not so anonymous but if we use it sensibly, we can attain a certain degree of anonymity. For example, you can use their peer-to-peer platform to buy a crypto coin out of the available ones and then use them to easily buy monero anonymously.
Why Use Binance?
- $4 billion average trading volume per day
- Hundreds, if not thousands of cryptocurrencies are available to choose from
- Handles about 1.5 million transactions every second
Binance absolutely destroys its competitors in terms of trading fees.
Want to know why? Because it charges a 0.1% fee for the total amount of transaction and if you pay via Binance coin (BNB), the fee gets further reduced by 25%.
However, the fee for buying a cryptocurrency is entirely different.
Their deposit fee is free but you will be charged a small amount according to the payment method you’re using. Similarly, withdrawal fees also vary by the asset you are withdrawing. For example, you will have to pay 0.0004 BTC for withdrawing 1 BTC.
Binance supports so many payment methods that you can be assured that your payment method will be listed there. Notable ones among them are:
- SEPA, iDEAL
- Credit or Debit Card (Visa and MasterCard)
- Peer-to-peer exchange
- Pay with cash
Now if you use the P2P exchange system, you will be able to buy your desired cryptocurrency via hundreds of payment options available. Usually, the asset seller defines the mode of payment he is ready to accept.
However, only six cryptocurrencies are available in their P2P platform namely: BTC, USDT, BUSD, BNB, ETH, and EOS. So you can buy any one of them and then use it further to buy monero privately.
- No registration required
- Shows Best Rates
- Privacy-centric exchange
- Non-custodial exchange
- No hidden fees
- Supports 600+ cryptocurrencies
Crypto to crypto fee: Swapzone doesn’t charge any extra fees for transactions, the trading fee depends on the chosen provider partner. Often Swapzone with different providers make a commission discount for their users.
- Floating Rate: If you choose the classic rate, Swapzone will pick the best rate right during the time of the exchange.
- Fixed-Rate: In fixed-rate, you will be able to get the amount expected before the transaction.
At the moment Swapzone supports only crypto to crypto swapping, but it is developing a fiat program too
Another amazing thing about Swapzone is that you can choose the best rate for your deal, as it is an exchange aggregator and shows you multiple offers from different exchanges in one interface.
9. AgoraDesk (Honourable Mention)
Founded in 2019 and based in the British Virgin Islands, AgoraDesk is a bit new compared to other platforms but it has already built a good reputation.
It is available in more than 200 countries around the world and you can easily use it to buy XMR anonymously in exchange for your fiat currency.
Are you using TOR?
Or are you using I2P?
No ID verification. Enjoy complete anonymity.
AgoraDeck can be used to buy two cryptocurrencies.
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Monero (XMR)
After anonymity, trading fees are the second best thing for Monero buyers.
0% fee is charged to buyers while a mere 1% fee is charged to sellers.
AgoraDesk supports a long list of payment methods so don’t worry you’ll definitely find your favorite one. Some popular ones are:
- Cash (by hand or by mail)
- Cash deposit
- UPI payments
- Credit/debit cards
- Bank/IMPS/SEPA transfer
and many more.
Other noteworthy platforms to buy Monero (Non-anonymous)
OTHER CRYPTOCURRENCY USEFUL TOOLS
Here are some other cryptocurrency useful tools that you may like.
Why use VPN for cryptocurrency?
For safely using cryptocurrencies, a VPN is well worth the money. It might help you feel safer when it comes to your privacy as a buyer or vendor.
Crypto transactions, as I previously said, are recorded in a public distributed ledger. So there is information accessible on that public ledger that can be used to identify you and if you are identified, then hackers can easily find a way to steal your coins.
Cryptocurrencies are pseudonymous and NOT completely anonymous. That is to say, your transactions are documented under a fictitious name.
Every crypto exchange saves your IP address (anywhere you buy and sell cryptocurrency). Hackers can use this information to determine your identity and then by exploiting flaws in your internet connection, they CAN steal your hard-earned coins.
There are a lot of con artists out there. In fact, crypto exchange frauds netted criminals more than $20 million in the first three months of last year.
We do not, however, advocate that you utilise a free VPN because they are infamously known to sell information. So they might also put you at risk of security breaches, especially if you trade frequently.
Price: Check the current price by clicking below.
Expressvpn is a premium VPN that delivers excellent performance and is undoubtedly the best VPN for cryptocurrency trading.
When it comes to safely trading cryptocurrencies, ExpressVPN comes in as the prime choice.
ExpressVPN accepts a number of different payment options, including Bitcoin. As a result, upgrading to a higher level of anonymity becomes more convenient.
Why Use ExpressVPN?
- It contains the most up-to-date security and privacy features to secure your identity (IP address) when conducting any transactions.
- It also enables Geo-restricted Altcoins and trading platforms to be accessed in a variety of locations.
- It has AES-256bit encryption, which can aid you in your cryptocurrency transactions. It also has perfect forward secrecy, which means the encryption key is changed every time the security is compromised.
- It includes an RSA key, AES 256-bit cipher, SHA-512 HMAC authentication, and AES 256-bit cipher.
- Because of its TrustedServer Technology, which operates on RAM and wipes your data after each session, you don’t have to worry about your data being saved, resulting in way less vulnerable cyber-attacks while trading cryptocurrency.
- You won’t have to worry about data breaches because it’s registered in the British Virgin Islands, and you’ll be able to conduct your crypto transactions privately.
- This VPN server is the ideal choice for newcomers because of its simple UI and easy-to-navigate servers. Furthermore, it is quite simple to set up its app on both a desktop and a mobile device.
- It works with a variety of operating systems, including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS, which makes it even better.
- It offers a customer service team that is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist you.
Pros of ExpressVPN:
- Split tunneling is supported.
- Kill switch for network lock.
- Accepts Bitcoin as a form of payment for added anonymity.
- Customer service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Servers that are lightning quick.
- The British Virgin Islands are where the company is based.
- There are over 3000 servers in over 90 locations.
- AES 256-bit encryption technique is unbreakable.
- Unrestricted Bandwidth
- Excellent security and privacy.
Cons of ExpressVPN:
- Limited customizable options.
It also comes with an easy 30-day money-back guarantee, so you don’t have to worry if you’re unhappy with the service.
As cryptocurrency is tech-savvy, you should acquire some knowledge about it before diving into its pool. The best way to do so is by reading the best selling book written on cryptocurrency.
CRYPTO INVESTING GUIDE-How to Invest in Bitcoin, DeFi, NFTs and More
The Crypto Investing Guide is a must-have reference book for both present and potential crypto investors. The book explains how to navigate the cryptocurrency markets and become fluent in the financial future. The Crypto Investing Guide has 14 informative chapters, including:
- Cryptocurrency basics and best practices: Cryptocurrencies are based on blockchain, a novel and intriguing technology. To grasp the technology’s economic potential, one must first comprehend how it functions and interacts with older financial systems.
- Economic empowerment through crypto investing: Token Metrics’ purpose is to provide economic empowerment to everyone on the planet. Cryptocurrencies are a relatively new financial instrument that is accessible to anybody with an internet connection, making them an essential tool in this regard.
- Crypto investing strategies : There’s a lot of speculation regarding Bitcoin’s (BTC), Ethereum’s (ETH), and the other 6,000 altcoins’ future worth. Understanding where to invest might be difficult, but this book will show you how to analyze investment options for best benefit.
The book is easily available at Amazon and at many other major bookstores across the world.
The topics covered in this book are :
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies
- How to Use and Store Cryptocurrencies
- Securing Your Crypto From Hackers
- Value Investing
- Risk Management
- Building a Portfolio
- Fundamental Analysis
- How to Evaluate Crypto Technology
- Token Sales: ICOs, IEOs, and IDOs
- Security Tokens
- Mining and Staking
Ian Balina is the creator and CEO of Token Metrics, a crypto data analytics platform that teaches investors how to use machine learning to make better investment decisions.
For his work in analytics, cryptocurrency, and business, he has been featured in CNBC, Bloomberg, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Business Insider, and Entrepreneur Magazine.
Ian has a master’s degree in computer engineering and was formerly the IBM Watson North American Analytics Evangelist. Token Metrics is a data-driven Moneyball-style technique to investing in crypto assets that he devised.
Ian turned $20,000 into almost $5 million by investing in cryptocurrencies in 2017 using the Token Metrics analytical platform. He was able to achieve financial independence by openly tracking his investments using a free investment spreadsheet. More than one million investors each month used this spreadsheet, which has now grown into one of the most prominent crypto investment research sites.
Ian is also motivated to give back through his humanitarian activities with Children of Uganda and Black Girls Code, having come from modest beginnings in Kampala, Uganda.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions for How To Buy Monero Anonymously
What is Monero?
Monero is a decentralized cryptocurrency exchange completely focused on providing privacy to its users. Moneo’s developing team is constantly innovating their cryptocurrency to provide better features.
Why Use Monero?
Monero is fast, secure, and best for those who don’t want people to snoop on their transactions.
It is more untraceable than any other currency in the world.
How to store Monero Safely?
Don’t forget to share!
Tell me in the comments which way are you going to use to buy monero anonymously?
If you have any questions, ask me in the comments below.
If you have any issues/suggestions, ask me via Contact Form.
You may also like: